Longing for a straighter, brighter smile? Feeling embarrassed about your natural teeth? Wishing you could get a smile do-over? You’re not alone. Plenty of Canadians feel that their smile is less than perfect; it leads to insecurity whenever you smile, laugh, or speak.
What’s the solution? You might worry that your only options are years of braces. We have good news for you: You can get a brand-new smile without the hassle and discomfort involved with braces. Improve the colour, shape, and alignment of your natural teeth with dental veneers.
With porcelain veneers, you’ll enjoy more confidence every time you smile. Get the strong, bright, and beautiful teeth you’ve always wanted at Dental House.
Interested in learning more about porcelain veneers? We’re going to share why so many patients choose veneers (and how to tell if you’re the right candidate for this treatment):
What Is a Dental Veneer?
Veneers are very thin pieces of porcelain material that are bonded to the front of each tooth. They conceal any imperfections and reshape your teeth to create a perfect smile. The result is a natural-looking smile that looks flawless and feels stronger than regular teeth.
From the outside, no one will know you have dental veneers; all they’ll notice is your straight and bright smile. Each tooth-shaped porcelain shell looks just like a natural tooth.
To create space for the veneers, a Saskatoon dentist will begin by removing a very thin amount of enamel. Next, a digital scan will be taken and the dentist and lab technician will customize the design of the porcelain veneers to blend well with your smile. For your comfort, temporary veneers will be placed over each tooth while the porcelain veneers are being fabricated.
At the next appointment, the temporary veneers will be removed and each porcelain veneer will be permanently bonded to your natural teeth.
Why Are Dental Veneers Needed?
At our dental clinic, we want all of our patients to feel confident about their smiles. Dental veneers are a great way to resolve insecurities about your smile and strengthen your natural teeth. The benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Straighten your smile. If you have minorly crooked teeth, you can correct the angle and spacing of them with veneers. Keep in mind that major tooth realignments are best treated with orthodontics.
- Cover stains. Discolouration is a common smile concern; it often results from years of drinking coffee, wine, and tea. Veneers are an excellent solution. Not only will they conceal existing stains, but the porcelain itself is resistant to staining. You’ll get a pearly white smile that lasts for years.
- Conceal gaps. Are you unhappy with the shape of your natural teeth? There’s a way to fix teeth without getting braces: Veneers. Fill in spaces between your teeth with this cosmetic treatment.
- Correct chipped or cracked teeth. Minor damage can be corrected with veneers. The porcelain will strengthen your teeth to help prevent future cracks or chips.
- Mishappen teeth. Veneers can help even out shapes and shades of teeth to create a more natural looking smile.
Who Is Not a Good Candidate for Veneers?
If you have existing dental issues, dental veneers may not be the right choice for you. Examples include:
- Periodontal disease
- Thin tooth enamel
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
If you deal with any of the above issues, we recommend consulting a dentist to find out whether you’re a good fit for veneers.
Cost of Dental Veneers
Trying to estimate the cost of your treatment? The cost of your dental veneers will vary based on:
- Your oral health. It’s important to fix any teeth with cavities before porcelain veneers are applied. If you have a cavity, tooth infection, or other dental issues, we recommend treating them before you get veneers.
- The number of dental veneers you need. The cost of your veneers is dependent on how many teeth you want covered. Some patients only need veneers on their two front teeth, while others want to transform the entire top row of their smile.
Every smile is unique. To determine the cost of your dental veneers, we recommend meeting with a dentist in person at Dental House. Once we’ve examined your teeth, we can provide you with an accurate quote.
Taking Care of Your Porcelain Veneers
How can you make your veneers last decades? Porcelain veneers are an investment in your smile; you want to make sure that they last.
We’re going to clear up a common misconception about veneers. While veneers are very durable, that does not mean you don’t need to brush them. Veneers need to be brushed and flossed daily, just like your natural teeth.
In addition, their durability doesn’t make them impervious to damage. Avoid chewing on hard foods like ice, biting your nails, or opening plastic packages with your teeth.
Finally, be sure to visit your dentist regularly; dental cleanings will keep your teeth in mint condition.
Call Our Dental Clinic Today!
Ready to transform the shape and colour of your smile? At Dental House, we’re always accepting new patients. We offer cosmetic dental treatments in Saskatoon, including dental bonding, dental crowns, and porcelain veneers. Our general dentists understand that each individual patient has a unique smile; we’ll tailor your treatment based on your needs.
Smile with confidence when you have porcelain veneers. To find out if you’re a good candidate for dental veneers, book your consultation at Dental House today.